Now part of the Infrastructure Investor Global Passport
An Infrastructure Investor Global Passport subscription connects you with the global infrastructure community. Bringing together investors, industry leaders and strategic market insights.
The Tokyo Forum is now just one of the key touchpoints that you will get over the next 12 months with your Infrastructure Investor Global Passport. Start connecting with the industry from January.
The 6th annual Infrastructure Investor Tokyo Forum took place on 7-11 September 2020.
As the #1 virtual meeting place for global infrastructure leaders to secure capital allocations from Japanese LPs, you can gain greater access than ever before through our immersive platform with increased visibility, extended face-to-face networking with regional LPs, global peers, and premium content available until the end of 2020.
The Infrastructure Investor Tokyo Forum 2021 will present you with even more opportunities for networking, insightful discussions and much more through Global Passport. Stay tuned!
Managing Director, Head of infrastructure
Private Market Investment Department
Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF)
The interactive LP fireside chat with Yoshitaka Todoroki, GPIF was lived from Tokyo. In the keynote presentation, Mr. Todoroki explained how they have adapted their strategies during covid and what they are now looking for in an investment partner.
Interactive content and actionable insights
Engage in virtual networking programmes includes 1-to-1 video meetings, birds-of-a-feather sessions, live Q&A sessions with our world-class speakers, including Japan and Korea’s largest LPs. Participate in live polling & survey and get the immediate insights directly from the market.
Confirmed Japanese LP attendees
CONNECT WITH INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTOR’S COMMUNITY IN THE NEW VIRTUAL MEETING PLACE
Redefine the conference experience
Maximise your time, maximise your returns
Extended private networking without borders
Talk to headline speakers in live Q&A sessions
All content on-demand, when you need it
Discover the opportunities available in global infrastructure through knowledge-sharing with the world’s leading investment practitioners.
Secure your next capital allocation from Japanese investors through the Summit’s unrivalled networking opportunities.
Demonstrate your skills and services to more than 350 senior global infrastructure investment professionals and grow your business.
What our delegates say
Managing Partner, Mark Weisdorf Associates
It is an effective and efficient way for senior participants in the industry – institutional investors, investment managers and financiers to discuss impo…
CEO, Glennmont Partners
The Tokyo conference is always highly topical and gives great overview of the Japan and global infra market dynamics.
China Everbright Limited
The Summit gives me a better understanding about Japanese LPs and what different GPs are doing in the global market.
Established as the leading infrastructure conference in Japan, the Summit will offer you access to the most influential domestic LPs allocating to all sectors of the asset class and the leading global fund and asset managers, developers, advisors, and strategic partners.
Book a 1-2-1 session with your key business targets and connect with other attendees via our immersive virtual platform – whether you are joining from Tokyo or online you will enjoy unrivalled knowledge-sharing throughout the two days of content.
Demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to LPs allocating capital to global infrastructure to turbocharge your fundraising in 2020 and beyond. Exchange ideas with prominent global GPs, developers, and strategic advisors to enhance your investment strategies across Japan, Asia, Europe, Australia, and the Americas.
Day 1 - Monday 7th
Online networking starts
Day 2 - Tuesday 8th
Online networking (see also Infrastructure Investor Seoul Summit)
Day 3 - Wednesday 9th
Day 4 - Thursday 10th
Registration and coffee
PEI welcome and chairman’s opening remarks
Keynote Panel: Infrastructure investing 2020: The models of infrastructure investing compared
- Core vs Core Plus vs Value Add – what are the best investment strategies to deploy in the current environment?
- Rising competition for deals, how is this affecting the landscape?
- Does greenfield now present a better opportunity for investors on a risk adjusted return basis compared to brownfield?
- The importance of ESG and rising ESG standards in the investment process
Managing Director, Infrastructure, Asia Pacific, CDPQ SingaporeRead bio
Partner, Vice Chairman Asia Pacific, EQT PartnersRead bio
Managing Director, Stonepeak Infrastructure PartnersRead bio
Chief Operating Officer, EquitixRead bio
President and Chief Executive Officer, InstarAGF Asset ManagementRead bio
Panel: Investing in the mid-market
- What are GPs current interpretations and definitions of the mid-market?
- What are the challenges in the mid-market infra space GPs face, in terms of deal sourcing / operation and exit?
- What opportunities does it offer to the Japanese institutional investor?
Managing Director, ETORE AdvisoryRead bio
Chief Executive Officer and Founding Partner, Vauban Infrastructure PartnersRead bio
Managing Partner, AncalaRead bio
Partner, CBRE Caledon Capital ManagementRead bio
Managing Director, Northleaf Capital PartnersRead bio
Presentation: European infrastructure case study
Panel: Meet the major Japanese LPs - preparing for the next wave of institutional capital
- What is the current process by which LPs select their GPs? Has this changed in recent years?
- What kind of GP do LPs think is competitive? Large cap vs Mid-Size
- With expectations of a recession coming, how do LPs prepare for this within their investment strategy?
- How do LPs monitor from an ESG perspective and how have they implemented their ESG policy?
Executive Director, Head of Infrastructure and Real Estate Investment, Investment Management Department, Mitsui & Co. Alternative InvestmentsRead bio
Section Manager, Investment & Loan Department, Sompo Japan Nipponkoa InsuranceRead bio
Deputy General Manager, Foreign Equity & Alternative Investment Department, Nippon Life Insurance CompanyRead bio
Director, Japan Post BankRead bio
Panel: Investing in digital infrastructure
- What exactly is digital infrastructure?
- How does the role Infratech play into digital infrastructure?
- What are the similarities and differences between digital and core infrastructure?
Panel: Accelerating the energy transition
- Can you still get good returns in developed markets given the recent erosion of subsidies? How to find these returns?
- What is the role that corporate PPAs can play in the current environment?
- Investing in emerging renewables markets – which geographies and sectors are of key interest?
Keynote Fireside Chat
Close of day one
Day 5 - Friday 11th
LP Breakfast Briefing (Invitation Only)
Registration and coffee
PEI welcome and chairman’s opening remarks
Day 2 Keynote presentation
Panel: The emergence of Infrastructure debt
- Given the increased demand for infrastructure debt funds in the market, what is driving the interest in the asset class?
- How does infra debt compare with other fixed income classes such as corporate debt?
- Which are the main risks that investors need to keep in mind when investing in this asset class?
Panel: Japan’s Infrastructure market: opportunities and challenges
- Current overview and status of the Japanese infrastructure market
- From 5G to PPPs and renewables, where are the emerging domestic opportunities?
- Lack of deal flow, how much of a concern should this be to investors?
Deputy Editor, Infrastructure Business JAPAN, Innovation Promotion CenterRead bio
President & Chief Executive Officer, Daiwa Energy & InfrastructureRead bio
Senior Vice President, Private Capital Markets Japan, Macquarie CapitalRead bio
General Manager, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Research InstituteRead bio
Panel: The rising role of ESG in infrastructure investing
- How do we define ESG? Do differing interpretations of ESG present a challenge?
- Why should ESG matter to Japanese investors?
- What business factors can ESG activity have a positive impact on?
Panel: How to successfully fundraise with LPs new to infrastructure investing
- Understanding the do’s and don’ts of fundraising in Japan. What should GPs be aware of?
- What are new LPs priorities and concerns when looking at the asset class?
- The role of the gatekeeper in the monitoring process, how do they help select and monitor GPs?
Chief Product Strategist, Nomura Funds Research and TechnologiesRead bio
Head of Multi Manager Investment Department, Tokio Marine Asset ManagementRead bio
Chief Portfolio Manager, Nissay Asset ManagementRead bio
Associate Director, Alternative Investments Team, ORIX Life Insurance CorporationRead bio